20080707

Issue 26 Sunday, July 6 2008

"PARENTING CORNER"

26 BIBLICAL VIRTUES TO PRAY FOR YOUR KIDS

  1. Salvation. “Lord, let salvation spring up within my children that they may obtain the salvation that is inChrist Jesus with eternal glory” (Is 45:8; 2 Tim 2:10)
  2. Growth in Grace. “I pray that my children may grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and SaviorJesus Christ” (2 Pet 3:18)
  3. Love. “Grant, Lord, that my children may learn to live a life grace, through the Spirit who dwells inthem” (Gal 5:25; Eph 5:2)
  4. Honesty & Integrity. “May integrity and honesty be their virtue and their protection” (Ps. 25:21)
  5. Self-Control. “Father, help my children not to be like many others around them, but let them be alert andself-controlled in all they do” (1 Thess 5:6)
  6. Love for God’s Word. “May my children grow to find Your word more precious than much pure gold andsweeter than honey from the comb” (Ps. 19:10)
  7. Justice. “God, help my children to love justice as You do and act justly in all they do” (Ps. 11:7; Mic 6:8)
  8. Mercy. “May my children always be merciful, just as their Father is merciful” (Lk 6:36)
  9. Respect. “Father, grant that my children may show proper respect to everyone, as your wordcommands” (1 Pet 2:17)
  10. Biblical Esteem. “Help my children develop a strong self-esteem that is rooted in the realization that theyare God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus” (Eph 2:10)
  11. Faithfulness. “Let love and faithfulness never leave my children, but find these twin virtues around theirnecks and write them on the tablet of their hearts (Prov. 3:3)
  12. Courage. “May my children always be strong and courageous in their character and in theiractions” (Dt. 31:6)
  13. Purity. “Create in them a pure heart, O God, and let that purity of heart be shown in their actions” (Ps.51:10)
  14. Kindness. “Lord, may my children always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else” (1 Thess5:15)
  15. Generosity. “Grant that my children may be generous and willing to share, and so lay up treasure forthemselves as a firm foundation for the coming age” (1 Tim 6:18-19)
  16. Peace Loving. “Father, let my children make every effort to do what leads to peace” (Rom 14:19)
  17. Joy. “May my children be filled with the joy given by the Holy Spirit” (1 Thess 1:16)
  18. Perseverance. “Lord, teach my children perseverance in all they do, and help them especially to run withperseverance the race marked out for them” (Heb 12:1)
  19. Humility. “God please cultivate in my children the ability to show true humility toward all” (Tit 3:2)
  20. Compassion. “Lord, please clothe my children with the virtue of compassion” (Col 3:12)
  21. Responsibility. “Grant that my chidren may learn responsibility, for each one should carry his own load”Gal 6:5)
  22. Contentment. “Father, teach my children the secret of being content in any and every situation, throughHim who gives them strength” (Phil 4:12-13)
  23. Faith. “I pray that faith will find root and grow in my children’s hearts, that by faith they may gain what hasbeen promised to them” Lk 17:5-6; Heb 11:1-40)
  24. Servant’s Heart. “God, please help my children develop servant’s heart, that they may servewholeheartedly, as if they were serving the Lord, not men” (Eph 6:7)
  25. Willingness and Ability to work. “Teach my children to value work and to work at it with all their hearts,as working for the Lord, not for men” (Col 3:23)
  26. Hope. “May the God of hope grant that my children overflow with hope and hopefulness by the power ofHoly Spirit (Rom 15:13)

SUNDAY CHURCH SERVICE

Next Sunday Church Service will return to regular room (Michigan /Erie’s Room) at Wyndham O’Hare Hotel

FRIDAY EVENING PRAYER

Friday Evening Prayer Meeting will be held on Friday July 11th @ 7 pm. Meeting location will be at Listiawan's Residence. Come before the Lord, seek His face, and expect for His fresh power to come to restore, renew and change our lives!

SATURDAY PRAYER

Every Saturday morning 9.30 am@ Peter Kurniali’s Residence (We would love to have you all join us) And Please feel free to contact us with any prayer requests or if anyone need personal/congregational prayer support, We are Here to Help!

CARECELL

All church members are strongly encouraged to join Care Group Meeting. Care Group is not only a place for fellowship but also for spiritual nourishments and discipleship processes where everybody can learn to minister to others and be part of great commission.

CARECELL CONTACT NUMBER

  • South Area - Wijaya/Angie Elham 312-731-4621
  • Downtown - Felix/Delia 708-351-0594
  • Family Fellowship - Kasih/Tan Fie Listiawan 630-566-8602
  • Libertyville, IL - Akiong/Merry Gunawan 847-414-4068
  • Schaumburg, IL - Peter/Sunny Setiawan 312-863-9407

No comments: